Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Oh Come on Now




Mike took these with his phone, they're good right? She has had a crappy morning, figuratively speaking. *I* have had a crappy morning, literally, thanks to Anthony and Maria. Good God!

Anyway. I laid her down this morning and she was up ... five minutes later? So I brought her back down and she fell right back to sleep, so I laid her down AGAIN in the bouncy seat and she stayed in it for like 30 minutes, during which time I was able to take the older two and play outside for a while. Now she's been up for a while, she nurses every hour or so during the day and every two hours or so at night, so that stinks. Last night we lay her down at 10:00 and she stayed in her bassinet until 12:00something. I laid her back down at 3:00 and she stayed there til 5:00something. Then she stayed in the bed with me, nursing, til 7:00something. So. She was on her own more and that's good but man. I am getting really tired. These days are grinding me down to a stump by nighttime and it's hard to go24 hours a day.

The other night I was on the phone with my uncle and he asked where I had been and I said, busy! I've been busy! He said, all mean,"yes, Joanne, you're the only person to ever have three children" and I thought screw you buddy! First of all, I didn't say I was the only person to do it, and second of all, maybe I'm just bad at it! Maybe I DO have extenuating circumstances! Maybe I could be cut a break, somehow? Somewhere? Maybe JUST autism or colic and lunacy but not all three at once? Ugh. Anyway, I am hoping for more sleep soon. And I'm hoping not to kill anyone. Aim low, I always say.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Lippy said...

Just because you aren't the only one to have three kids doesn't make it any less difficult. I am so lucky that Bud is off for the summer and I am not doing this alone every day. I don't know how you do it.

Abby said...

Oh Joanne- I do think you are the ONLY person to ever do what you're doing... Hang in there- I think the fog will lift. I don't think anyone should have any expectations of you except that you keep everyone alive and that is hard enough. I only have 2 but sometimes I think my older one is worth at least 3 so I pretend to have 4. You my dear have 47...

Alivia Quallen said...

You are doing the best you can. He is just a butt head and has never birthed children and let alone stayed up nursing them all night!