Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Clear Heels

Here's a funny video of Veronica walking up the hallway in her dress up Cinderella shoes.  I suppose technically they are Maria's but Veronica and Maria have been playing with them a lot lately.  Maria calls them "roller skates" although they sound more like tap shoes.  Veronica really gets around in these shoes, which is amazing, considering that they are way too big on her and also mules, which are hard for adults to get used to.  I suppose she might have a great future in ... a job in which she'd wear clear lucite heels?  That can't be good, right?  :)

Just kidding.  I want to make a joke here about if she doesn't start talking soon, she might have to become a stripper, but I won't.  I will just continue to hope that she talks sometime.   She is getting very noisy, blah blah blah!  La la la!  Ha ha ha!  But no words yet.  I am hopeful this blathering on will serve some other purpose here soon.

We went to a playgroup today and she wrapped herself around me and wouldn't let go for the first 20 minutes or so.  I had to go downstairs where the other kids were playing to bring something to Maria and I left Veronica down there and she did just fine.  Tomorrow we are supposed to go to the Y, which will be week FIVE of leaving her at childwatch, and I am nervous that she'll cry again.  I have to keep trying, I suppose, I really want her to have success when she goes to preschool in the fall and I figure this is one way of starting.

1 comment:

Abby said...

joanne... she will be fine in preschool.. i couldn't leave leland in the childwatch and still don't (that sucks too) but he does great at school. it's about the environment and the context. She will also be older. It just means she is securely attached- which we already knew... ps... pregnant- really?