Thursday, March 17, 2011

A Word about Veevsy Voo

Veronica is really coming into her own here lately, and really letting us know what she does and doesn't want. Like, she DOESN'T want me to leave her at the Childwatch at the Y. She goes, and she stays for the whole hour, but she cries and cries when I leave her and she cries and cries when I come back. I am going to keep taking her once a week and see if we can't get her used to it. She also doesn't want to go to bed sometimes and she lets you know that too. She wants to get up sometimes at 2:00 in the morning and she is MAD if you don't come and get her, which we don't. She has had a cold for the last six months, it seems like, so we can't use that as an excuse any more.

She is doing well in speech therapy but she is still not saying any words, really. It's making me really sad because lots of kids her age and younger (!) are talking away and I am seeing the evidence of it on Facebook and stuff and it puts me RIGHT BACK where I was with Anthony three years ago and I hate it. So I hope we start to see some progress soon. She is so sweet and funny, so engaged and engaging. I just want some words!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: