Thursday, November 19, 2009

27 Weeks

I'll post a picture later, all I have are crappy ones now, because of my camera's shutter speed problem and the dark day. But Veronica is 27 weeks old, closer to 1 than none, I guess. Last night she slept from 7:30 or so until 2:00 and then ate and went back and was up at 5:00 this morning. That is much better than she had been doing. I gave up caffeine yesterday, I don't know if it is going to make a difference or not but I have to try something. She has been waking up a lot, early in the night, like 10:00, and then she is up every few hours, like a newborn. I am dying of being so tired for so long, so I figure I should try the no caffeine thing and see how she does before I have her cry it out. I'd rather not do that, for her and also for us!, since she's in our room. I have had a wicked headache for two days but if it works, it will be worth it. A friend of mine told me that she'd go without caffeine AND oxygen, if it meant her kid would sleep. Ha! And also? Boo hoo!

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

So funny, mine is getting up every couple of hours too, like a newborn and it starts early too, like at 1030...WTH? How much caffeine do you drink? I sometimes have one diet coke or one small coffee...I am trying to go without too, but it sucks!

Joanne said...

Not that much, I drink coffee but half caff, so maybe one cup of coffee and maybe one or two diet cokes? I just don't know what else to do - she was doing so much better before. If she wakes up before 1:00, I know that she's going to be up every few hours. She never just wakes up at 10:00 and sleeps through anymore. My friend told me she read caffeine has a half life of 96 hours, though. She did better last night, so we'll see. I'll keep you posted!

Lippy said...

My problem is that I am soooo tired, I think I'll die without the caffeine. But Ellie was sleeping well 2 months ago, and I haven't upped my caffeine intake. I am blaming the demon teeth.

Stephanie said...

I can give up the diet coke, but not wine!!!