Saturday, May 14, 2011

To Veronica, on her Second Birthday

Dear Veronica,

Happy Birthday! Two years old! We sang happy birthday to you before and you were NOT thrilled! When we ask you how old you are today, you hold up two fingers and Maria says "two!" for you. You are some team, you and your sister. Oh, Veronica. We love you so much. Whenever I get nervous or scared about having another baby, I think of how surprised I was that I was having you when Maria was still so little. And then you were born and you were so sweet and good and smart - I remember how hard it was for you to learn to nurse after being in the Constant Care Nursery for two days but you did it and then you were so good at it, you never wanted to stop - and I really, really believe in the joy and happiness a little person can bring to your life. I didn't think you'd be a big sister, I thought you'd always be my little baby, but here you are, going to be a big sister! I think you'll be great at it. We all love you so much, Veronica, we wouldn't be our family without you. I hope you have a great second year and 150 more. With love from Mommy and Daddy, Anthony and Maria
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Lisa said...

...if there were a LIKE button...I'd have hit it for this entry! Happy Birthday V!