Monday, May 16, 2011

Gifts for a Two Year Old

Veronica got lovely, perfect gifts for her birthday and I am going to send thank you notes but I thought I would write about them here.  People are always asking what are good gifts for kids at specific ages, so I figured I'll put them here and this way I can think about the gifts for my notes, and remember them for the future and also maybe it will help someone in a bind.

These are in no particular order, I am actually looking around the room as I write and seeing whatever I see first.  I'll start with our gifts, as they were the best, ha!  Kidding!  We love them all equally!

Melissa and Doug Sound Puzzle - Farm Animals 

This is super cute, Mike found it for V at Mass Ave. Toys.  When you put the puzzle pieces in, it makes the (realistic but not terrifying) animal sound.

Baby on the Go 

Super cute little baby doll, with yarn hair and a diaper that you can change, who comes in her little backpack.  The backpack holds keys, a little sippy cup and bottle, and a little dish for eating.  It has a spoon and fork and it has lots of buttons and velcro that you can work.  Veronica loves it, we've all been feeding the baby and changing diapers, etc.  It's also a small doll so it doesn't take up too much room, which we like.  She fits perfectly in the little high chair that's on the end of her little toy bassinet.

Splash Around Dora

This is super cute - it's a Dora doll, she's wearing a bathing suit, and she comes with flippers and the Super Babies, which are her little sister and brother.  Veronica loves them, and Maria calls the new baby Super Baby so I figure the more LOVE we have for Super Babies the better.

Plushalicious Bear - Sprinkles

This is a plush, kind of fleecey bear that has cupcakes all over it.  Maria was losing her mind over it, she was all, "cupcakes!  hearts!  I love it!".  Veronica, of course, says less about it but she loves it just the same.  It's so soft and it's just a little bit shorter than her.  It's sweet and soft.

Blabla Plush Doll

Ooh-wee, this is cute.  It's a knitted doll in nice colors and with a sweet face.  It's kind of like a weeble, in that it has only arms and no legs, it's so soft, I can't even tell you.  It's nice for Veronica to have her own little animals and dolls.  She's getting v. proprietary about them, ha!

Lauri Tall Stacker

This is fantastic, and I don't mind rating it because Mike got it.  :)  Veronica has actually played with these during her speech therapy and she likes it a lot.  She is v. serious about making TALL stacks, it's super cute.

Dream Dazzlers Fun Princess Phone

Oh, this phone.  It's so cute and funny.  Veronica really likes the phone, but she doesn't expect too much, so this is perfect.  I mean, she knows to yap into a phone but she doesn't demand exact PHONE SERVICE the way that her sister might.  It's so pretty, she's played with it every day since Saturday, for quite a while.

Drum Set

This is adorable and V liked it right away, knew what it was for, and demanded I open it so she could start drumming and shaking that tambourine!  Anthony and Maria like it too.  It's great looking, it has big pieces that her little hands can easily hold, and everything stores back in the drum, which I love.  It also has a strap so you can march with it, which every single person in this house has enjoyed doing.

Leapfrog Scribble and Write

We just got this tonight, from the mailman, so we haven't done much with it.  But it's maybe a little advanced for Veronica - and maybe for Maria too, if I'm being honest.  But they both really like it, it has the cute Leapfrog voice to guide you through tracing letters, shapes, and numbers.

Sit and Spin

SUPER cute.  None of my kids have ever had one, they all three like it, although Anthony is way too big.  It's a classic toy, right?  Who wouldn't like it?

Stride Rite Shoes

Veronica got these exact shoes and she's worn them every day.  They are so nice and they go with everything.  I am mean, I suppose, I can't see the point of 10 pairs of shoes for each kid, so I just buy them one pair of shoes at a time.  Veronica has recently gone from a 5 to a 6 so I mentioned it to my mom and she got these cute shoes.

I think that's it, although I'm going to check my list - I made a list and now of course I can't find it.  Ugh, this house.  It's been so great for Veronica, she has no stuff of her own, or I should say she didn't.  Maria is having a hard time with it, kind of, but since she gets every damned thing she wants, I am not too worried.

Pocoyo Dolls

These dolls are SUPER cute.  Veronica love Pocoyo, it's just a little show on Nick Jr. that's on in between longer shows and Veronica has always cracked up at him. I mean, like, CRACKED up, she really belly laughs at them all.  These are for the bath, I mean, they're rubber or something like that and we've been having a lot of fun with it.  It makes me want to get her a little Pocoyo DVD, but I'm afraid she might loser her mind with happiness.

No comments: