Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Day 20 of Lent

Veronica wore a green shirt today to school and they were having Irish Step Dancers come but she was still a little jealous that Maria got to march in the parade.  Next year, I told her, she could go and march, because they only have first and second grade kids in the parade.  Next year will be the only year we have two kids, won't that be fun?

She is so cute and sweet and she is so, so sensitive.  I'm glad that I know Anthony and that I know about sensory issues because I feel like it helps me be more patient with Veronica.  She's so much better than she used to be.  She used to not be able to stand any noises at all, she couldn't go to the movies, she hated hand dryers, she wanted to be all the way out of the bathroom before you could flush the toilet.  Now she can really handle all of it.  She loves to be on me, and it can be a little crazy making, but then I think about how she used to weep before bed because she was just going to miss me so much during the night and I think, well, that's better than it was, ha!

She used to not be able to go to our neighbor's house to play with her daughters because they had a dog, even if my neighbor put the dog upstairs or outside and now she just charges all over everywhere, without barely pausing to think about it.

She has come a long way, baby, and I am excited to see where else she goes.

No comments: