Monday, March 9, 2015

Day 14 of Lent

Veronica went to her little basketball/cheerleading camp at school last week.  It was the second week for the camp but the first week we went.  I thought it was in March but it actually started in February, but anyway we started last week.

The idea is that they can either play basketball or learn cheerleading and if they learn cheerleading then they cheer on the basketball players.  The older kids teach the younger kids, it's all super cute. Anyway, Veronica and Maria wanted to do cheerleading and at one point I saw Veronica running laps around the gym with another girl, Maria's friend Nora.  Running laps!, I thought, how impressive!  I've literally never seen her run, her hair was flying, she looked great.  Then I found out later that she was running two laps for punishment because she was LYING DOWN when she was supposed to be learning cheers.

Last night she told me she was excited for this Tuesday.  I said what are you looking forward to the most?  She said she loves when "the beep goes off" and they can go get water.  She is looking forward to her athletic event for the BREAK, ha!  At least she knows what she wants.

No comments: