Saturday, July 6, 2013

Six for Saturday

Ha, I can never do Five for Friday on Friday.  I never can do Throwback Thursday on Instagram either, I'm a mess!  Here's six for Saturday:


  1. I took Veronica to swim lessons on Tuesday, with high hopes that she would jump in the pool and we could pick up where we left off, but of course, that was not to be.  She acted EXACTLY like she acted last year on the first day. Sigh.  We are going three mornings next week so maybe she will get the hang of it.  We even have her favorite teacher from last year, Mr. Isaac!  It was so disappointing.  
  2. She'll start at a new preschool in like six weeks, her new preschool calls the kids Butterflies.  I mean, they don't think they are butterflies, but like that's their name, Butterflies.  I hope I am being clear about that, I don't feel like I am.  At her old preschool, they are just "2's", "3's", etc.,  but this is cute, right.  I mean, the whole school is called the Monarchs, so it's fitting with the theme.  
  3. The other night she pulled her dresser over on herself!  It was my grandmother's dresser, it's big and the drawers are heavy and she must have been using all the drawers as stairs?  Or something?  My guess is that she was trying to get to the top so she could jump onto her bed and POSSIBLY, she was framed.  All I know is that we heard a loud crash and I went up and she was on her bed, in her underwear, crying and saying "I didn't dit it!  I didn't!  I didn't DID IT!".  Ha!  Poor stupid baby, of course she did!  I felt terrible for her, she was very upset.  I hope she remembers it!  
  4. Maria and Veronica stayed up late on Thursday, we figured because it was the 4th there would be fireworks around, so they may as well catch some fireflies.  They were cute, they had a picnic, and toys out on the deck, they caught fireflies in sippy cups and had a high old time.  The fireworks were a little loud for Veronica but otherwise it was a success.  They went to sleep around 10:00 and slept until the unheard of late hour of 8:00.  
  5. Today I heard Maria introduce Veronica as Veronica and Veronica said "You mean Veevsy Voo!".  Ha!  Who'd think that would be her preferred nickname?
  6. We went to the library today to see this percussion group called Clang! and they were just great.  They asked for volunteers and who's hand shot up but Veronica's?  She was adorable, so excited.  Here's a picture:  

No comments: