Monday, July 22, 2013

End of Days

Ha, I was just being dramatic.  Of course it is not the end of days, just the end of summer.  It's not even really the end of summer, it's just WISHFUL THINKING because this summer sort of sucks.  Veronica is located directly to my left RIGHT NOW, crying in my EAR, because she thinks Maria spoke in too harsh a tone for her.  That happens all the time, some perceived hurt that Veronica has with any of us, it's exhausting.  I would say it was a manipulative thing, but it doesn't seem like Veronica has it in her.  Anyways.  Here's some things about Veronica at the end of summer:


  • Things are going much better at swimming.  We start our last session tomorrow and go for three weeks.  I told her last time that if she got in the pool, I'd get her something from the vending machine and now of course it's a thing.  It always, always becomes a thing that I regret.  I Regret Everything:  The Joanne Kehoe Story is the title of my unwritten memoirs.  
  • (Now FELICITY is in here, it is a wonder I can ever get anything typed on these stupid blogs)  She starts preschool on 8/26, two weeks after Maria, the same week Felicity starts her Moms Day Out thing.  So it's Tuesdays that I will have no kids from 9:00-2:00, that will really be amazing, right?  I know Veronica will like preschool, she is a cute and social person.  
  • We went to the JCC pool the other day, my friend Jill from work came with us, and she and Veronica went to the lazy river a lot, she really liked it.  Veronica loves Jill, because they both have the same favorite color (purple) and they are both 3 out of 4 kids.  I am 3 out of 4 too.  
  • We got Veronica's four year checkup out of the way the other day, she is 3'3" and weighs 37 pounds.  She's still low-ish on the percentage charts but she's just fine.  
  • She screamed and cried when she got her two shots!  She went first and it was awful, AWFUL, but she was recovered by the time we walked out, she was talking about her band aid, etc.  
  • I guess that's it.  I want to keep their blogs updated but it's hard when they are awake and I am super tired and over thinking about them by the time they go to bed.  That probably sounds mean but I don't care, this is too much time to spend with someone!  Lately, Veronica cries and cries when I go to work, and I go to work at 5:00 in the evening.  We've been together for like TEN HOURS by then.  Good lord, child, I want to say, aren't you sick of me?  I'm sick of you!  

No comments: