Saturday, April 7, 2012

Sick, in a new and different way

Ugh, I haven't posted since the last time Veronica was sick.  In fairness, it wasn't THAT LONG AGO!  Last night Mike took Anthony up to the bath kind of early, he was driving us mad with the taking the clothes off thing, so I figured he could get a solo bath, which is a plus for him, and he could be in his pajamas, which is a plus for us.  As it's been a long week, and Felicity has another ear infection, I thought the girls would benefit from a nice walk around the block.  As usual and for always, I was wrong.  It took us FOREVER to walk around one block.  When we were almost home, we stopped by my friend and neighbor's house and her husband commented that he had mowed not one but TWO lawns during the time it took me.  It was Veronica, of course, barely walking, that took us so long.  I was pushing the stroller but I carried her for about half of it, just so we could get home before dark.  We stopped by my neighbor's house and she seemed a little sad and she insisted on riding in the stroller on the way home.

After she got out of the tub, she was freezing and crying, miserable.  She didn't feel warm, so like an idiot, I figured she was fine.  I fell asleep after 11:00, the baby woke up at midnight until 12:30, and at 12:35 Veronica woke up screaming and howling and, of course, burning up.  Mike and I took her in our room because she was so loud and I forced some ibuprofen on her which of course, she viciously threw up all over me moments later.  Ugh!  It's so, so frustrating!  I always feel so stupid, I should see it coming, but I never do.  Anyways, we were up until almost 5:00.  I used to think it was the medicine that made her wide awake but NOPE.  It's just how she gets sick, she stays awake as if she's taken speed.  It takes a bad situation and makes it almost unbearable.  I took her downstairs and she threw up a few more times and we watched several episodes of Peppa Pig.  I kept saying to her, let's watch this one and then we'll go to bed and she'd FREAK OUT and yell, NOOOOOO!  Finally around 4:30 I said it and she didn't yell but said okay, so we went up to my bed around 5:00 and she fell asleep.  She had to have been exhausted, she threw up like five times!

She's no better this morning, she couldn't go to the Easter Egg Hunt in our neighborhood, I just took Maria.  She's still warm but hasn't thrown up again today, so we'll see.  The baby is sick and Anthony is impossible and I'm working tonight and hosting Easter tomorrow, soooooo.  I'm going to think of Christ on the Cross and be silent.  It's incredibly challenging but I'm trying.

No comments: