Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Potty Training

Veronica, who will be three on May 14, has been insisting on wearing underwear to school lately.  It's FINE BY ME but I was worried on Monday that she'd just pee on the floor there like she does here.  Here, she pees on the floor and then looks at it and says, sighing, "I pee".  So poetic!

But she went in underwear on Monday and when I went to pick her up, she was in the *same clothes* as I left her!  Miracle!  Her teacher said she didn't go all morning (she never does here either) but finally right before her nap, around 12:00 (that's nothing from 8:30 until 12:00, whacko), she deigned to pee on the potty.  So.  That's good, right?  Her teacher was worried on Tuesday because there are more kids in there and she was right to be, because naturally she just peed right through her clothes when she had to go.

So today we are trying again.  It's 12:35 - 12:35! and she hasn't gone all morning.  She asked for apple juice and I told her she could have some if she peed on the potty.  We're headed out soon so I am going to have her try before we leave and then I'll have to put a diaper on her, I don't want her to pee on the car seat.  It's a giant pain but I feel like she'll be trained before her birthday and then we'll just have one baby left in diapers, and won't that be nice?  It's all that keeps me going, really.

1 comment:

Lippy said...

Oh, I know what you mean. We have been changing diapers over here for 9 years. Ellie poop on the toilet Sunday, but hasn't done anything since. I will be so excited when she finally gets it down. Looks like you have some great progress!