Thursday, June 11, 2009

Four Weeks

The cable on my camera is broken (from being jerked around by these CHILDREN) so I don't have a picture to put up but Veronica is four weeks today. She weighed 9 pounds, 15 ounces at the doctor today, which makes me so happy. Until they get weighed, it just feels like nursing into oblivion for no reason. I see her so much I can't tell if she is bigger or what, although she is growing into her newborn clothes. The doctor also said that she is fine, her cold is only in her head and not her chest or anything. He also said I could just nurse her, change her diaper, lay her down and let her fuss. Ha. I think one month is a little young for that, I told him, although I know he disagrees. I don't care - I DO think it's too young and besides, where are we supposed to let her scream away? 10 feet from us? We have to sleep, too.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Sounds like she is doing well! Nursing is so hard because you have no idea how much they are getting. I agree I cannot let them scream or fuss when they are little and I might as well comfort her so I can sleep too.

Abby said...

Amen... I still don't make Leland fuss- who wants to listen that? I think they just tell you that in case you are losing your mind. Can't wait for more pics ;)

Alivia Quallen said...

I remember the NP telling me that with Max. So I tried it during the day and Ava said "Mom he is too loud". That was the end of that!