Friday, February 27, 2015

Day 6 of Lent

Veronica is so, so sleepy in the mornings and she is also, if it's possible, EXTRA sensitive.  This morning I carried her into my room, where they get dressed because Felicity is (sometimes) still sleeping in their room, and laid her on my bed, where Maria was sitting.  Maria got her feelings hurt because Veronica "hit her with her knee right in the FACE!", which was just not true.  Veronica may have grazed Maria's face while she was sleepily rolling over but I was RIGHT THERE and that's it!  So I was kidding and I said oh yes, she hit me with her face and then she got a baseball bat and hit me in the head!  And then she laughed at my pain!  Mike and I were joking and even Maria got a little bit of a smile and then I looked at poor old Veevsy Voo and her bottom lip was quivering away. I had to apologize and hug her twelve times before we could move on.

She is sensitive but not to the point where it causes her problems.  When she was littler, I worried that it would, like, impede her progress in life, but now I really think she  is okay.  I hope I am not messing her up by recognizing that she is so sensitive, but I just can't tell her to toughen up, not yet.  She still seems really little, to me.

Another good thing about Veronica is that her hair is just getting ridiculously gorgeous.  It's getting thick, even!  It gives me great hope for Felicity, ha!

No comments: