Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Weirdo

Are all kids this weird or is it just Veronica? I mean, I think her getting her air out thing is distinctly her but she is a whackjob in other ways.  Last night Felicity didn't want to go to sleep in her bed, she is sick with a viral upper resp. something and she has been MISERABLE.  Anyway, we were downstairs with her sleeping on the couch and then Mike said that he'd sleep downstairs with Felicity and I could go upstairs and try and rest, we had both slept about two hours the night before, so we were trying anything.  Anyway, I went to bed at 9:30 and at 11:30 Veronica was screaming and crying in her room.  At first I thought it was Felicity so I figured Mike could deal with her but then I thought why is he not?  I was so, so out of it, so beat.  Anyway, I figured out it was Veronica and I went to get her and I rushed her into my room, and she was coughing and coughing, so I got her some water and tried to settle her down, her nose was running and she was freaking out about it, so it took a while.  Honest to God, I want to say, call me when you have some *real* problems, I mean, a cough?  Do you want some cough medicine? I said, and she said NOOOOOOO!  (cough cough cough).  God helps those who help themselves, I told her, ha! No I didn't but only because I just now thought of it.  Anyway, at one point she had to cough but I guess she didn't want to bug me, so she ran out of my room, slammed my door, ran into her room, slammed HER door, (Maria was sleeping in there, FYI), and then coughed like Camille and then came back to my room, slamming the two doors again.  Then she jumped up on my bed and knocked the cup of water on it, making it necessary for me to change the fricken fracken sheets there at midnight or whatever it was.  But I can't say anything like hey! why in the hell are you running from room to room, STOP IT! because then she will cry Real Tears and then she will choke and cough more.  Anyways, I got her some Zarbees and made her take it - I mean, I didn't pour it down her throat but I would have and even though she kept going ON and ON about how she didn't like it, she took it.  It's medicine, I said, you're not supposed to like it but presumably we will ALL like it if you stop that infernal coughing.  She took it and lay down and by then Felicity was screaming so I went downstairs where I found poor Mike sleeping on the floor, because three-foot-tall Felicity had the big couch, so I sent him upstairs and stayed downstairs with her.

Mike said she was up a few times, but mostly she slept all night and today she is much better.  She was kind of wheezy so I took her to the Minute Clinic but she was clear as day once we got there and both she and Felicity pointed to the Perfectly Happy Face on the chart when they were asked how they felt.  So she is better, I guess.

She got a new (to her) bike for Christmas, and a scooter, both her bike and scooter got hit by cars in the driveway this summer so they had to be replaced.  She and Maria and Felicity got a Barbie Dream House and they all really like it.  Veronica is an excellent pretender, she will say to Maria, holding a doll, "Mom?  Want to make some of your delicious cookies?" and Maria will say, holding another doll, "I am not your mom and I hate cookies".  Maria doesn't understand the Rules of Improv I guess, sheesh.  But Veronica presses on, ever optimistic.  I got them all these fake glasses for their stockings and Veronica has worn hers practically every minute since, she is super cute.  Super cute and super weird.


No comments: