Thursday, February 9, 2012

Ballet

She started ballet a few weeks ago, after ONE YEAR spent looking longingly into that room, now she's in it! The first week I think the teacher wasn't so sure if she could do it, you're supposed to be three and V. has a few months to go, but she has really been doing well with it, so she's there to stay! It's a good thing too, because I can't say what would happen if I told her she couldn't go.

It's hard, having the girls be so close in age. Maria is taking a gymnastics class and Veronica was FURIOUS the first time we went and she couldn't go in. She stomped her foot, crossed her arms AND blew a raspberry at me! But I always remind her that SHE can go to ballet TOMORROW (gymanstics is on Thursdays) and she is usually okay with it.

Lord, God, we had a rough day today. We went to Chic Fil A to meet some friends and toward the end, Veronica was very unhappy. It's so unsual for her to be so whiny and horrid. I mean, she can be as bad as anyone, NO ONE would keep on their damned socks so they were walking around a restaurant in bare feet, which, ugh, but she was really unhappy and she kept saying her belly hurt. She wasn't hot or anything and she had eaten okay so I had no idea what went down. My friend Silvia carried the car seat to the car for me, THANKS GOD, or I would have been in trouble. So we go to gymnastics and we are there a few minutes and I start to smell something. I asked her, Veronica, did you poop? NOOOOOO, she said, and then I moved on to something else. Then a friend of mine came in and she said, does something smell?, and I remembered what a LIAR V can be so I took her to the bathroom. Oh Lord. LORD. It was all over her legs and all the way up her belly to her NECK practically. She was wearing a dress and a diaper and these super cute long baby legs/socks and there was poop on the top of each sock (it goes up to her thigh) and all on the INSIDE of her DRESS! And of course I had no other outfits for her and of course my friend was staying outside with Felicity, who was asleep but I figured who could wake up at any time. So I scrubbed at everything with the wipes, I must have used 100, and I rolled down the socks a little and ... we just went back out there. V was wearing a cute sleeveless vest, like as a jacket, so I put that on her and zipped it up. It was all fine for a while until I looked over at V and she had her vest off and she was SHOWING some kid the POOP STAIN on her dress. We bugged out of there, Lord, Lord, the SHAME. I felt like *I* had pooped my pants, sheesh! And is it ironic or just annoying that Veronica didn't give a HOOT!

Anyways, ballet, pooping, school's fine. I intend to start her in pullups here soon, maybe Monday. I can't just put her in underwear for preschool, because of health codes (ha ha smart people), so I bought some Princess pullups and off we'll go. I think she'll be fine once she gets started but I have to wait until her belly is all better before I start, obviously. Felicity has been sick with something viral and Anthony and Veronica just seem to have some d-ha and nothing else. I feel like from September-April, it is literally always something with them.

But isn't she cute? Her hair is starting to grow a little, thank God. Sometimes she asks me to put it up and ha ha ha boo hoo, you should see it! It's a WRECK! A cute wreck, but still.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: