Friday, November 4, 2011

2.5

Next week - well, the week after that, she'll be two and a half years old! Go, Veronica, Go! At two and a half, she talks a lot. She sings a lot, she loves Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and Broadway Baby. Of course, she really beats the heck out of them, I don't know if you'd know that's what she was singing if you weren't her mother. Her teacher told me that next month they're going to start doing little interviews with them for their "Tot Talk" feature, won't that be fun? We'll know her favorite things and people. Her teacher also told me how smart Veronica was, she said that she was quiet but she didn't miss a trick. It's so nice to hear, I am so hopeful that her speech therapy has done her well, but I'm sometimes afraid that I am in DENIAL because I'm so in love with her. Because I want her to be okay, I might be MAKING her okay in my MIND. But it's NOT just in my mind, I have PROFESSIONALS telling me she's okay too, so that's nice. She is funny, she and Maria get along - well, I was going to say they get along really well and it's not exactly true. They fight over every little thing but they also share a lot too and usually sleep together. This picture is from this morning, Mike was getting ready to take them to ballet. Veronica will be able to start soon, just a few months. Maria will be sad, she tells her every week 'YOU CAN'T GO, VEEVSY. YOU TOO LITTLE, JUST I CAN GO BALLET'. How we'll love it when Veronica can tell her to STICK IT and let her know that SHE IS GOING TOOOOOO. MEEEE TOOOO, she'll say, that's one of her favorite phrases. She's good with the baby, she loves her a lot. Today I raked leaves and she helped me put them in the bag. She's a good, sweet girl. It means more now to me than ever, because she was a rotten newborn and Felicity is shaping up to be rotten and fussy, so I'm glad to be reminded that it doesn't last forever.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: