Thursday, May 13, 2010

Dear Baby


Here, for Veronica's 52 week post, I am going to post this note I wrote to her when I first found out I was pregnant. I wrote it in my email on 9/22/08, and I kept it in my drafts folder until now. I meant every word of it, although I might have been a little more panicky than I let on (ha ha!). Anyways, here it is:

Dear Baby,

Your father and I just found out about you yesterday! I immediately looked up on the Internet how big you were and it said you were as big as a sesame seed! A sesame seed! That's really small. We were so surprised that you were here already, since Maria, your older sister, is just 8 months old! But right away I loved you - I love you so much bigger than the size of you. We are already thinking of names, and worrying about you, and planning on where you'll sleep! So I just want to say right now, on September 22, 2008, that I love you already. I love you, whoever you are. And no matter what happens, if you are a boy or a girl, if you are colicky or not, sick or healthy, I love you and I promise I will take care of you.

With love from,
Your Mother

It's all true, too. :)

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Sweet...she is lucky to have you!

Lisa said...

I kept a pregnancy journal for the girls...but this is a really sweet letter. I think she looks like Daddy in this pic.

Abby said...

totally started crying when i read that... sweet. she is a lucky sweet girl to have the brother, sister, mama and daddy that she has,

Joanne said...

You are all nice! You can't imagine (or maybe you can) how often I have re-read that letter since she has been born. It has really gotten me through some long days! :)

Brenda said...

Oh Joanne. This made me cry at my desk. Look at that sweet, sweet baby.