Sunday, May 10, 2009

The Last Week!

Tomorrow, I'm going for my last doctor's appointment and I'll get all my information about what time to be there Thursday, etc. Also they are doing a non-stress test, which I am hoping goes better than my last few. I stupidly mentioned that I didn't feel the baby move too much, or as often, as it seems like other people did. I really was just sort of talking to talk - but my doctor was concerned and wanted to do a non-stress test. This was last Monday. The baby was moving fine and I have a lot of amniotic fluid (which is no big deal, I had it with the other two as well) so I can't feel it as much. BUT the baby was moving so much that he kept moving away from the monitor so they couldn't get a regular testing heartbeat. That's why we had to do the ultrasound test, which got us that cute picture that I posted last week.

Then I was supposed to go back on Thursday for another bio-physical profile, instead of a non-stress test, because it can 'take so long to do the non-stress test'. HA! Of course, my appointment for the u/s was for 9:40 and by 10:15 I hadn't been seen, nor did it seem like I was going to. Since I figured it could take like 45 minutes for the test, I was going to be late to get Anthony, so I just told them I'd come back on Monday. I really had no intention, nor do I, of going back to this stupid Maternal/Fetal Medicine place EVER, but I was trying to be nice. I called the nurse and told her that I'd just come in on Monday for my non-stress test since I CLEARLY wasn't going to save time getting the u/s. The nurse said "unfortunately", I'd have to come back up there Thursday afternoon, so she could 'monitor' the baby'. Ha ha ho ho, I laughed, I can't come back up there - (I mean really!) - I had to take Anthony to therapy, I had already arranged babysitting for the morning and also - NO! Who the hell are these people that they think they can just jerk you around like this, all in the name of the BABY? The health of the BABY! THINK OF THE BABY!

Ugh. So I said no, I'd be up on Monday and then she told me that if I had any problems, I'd have to call this weekend. Um. Really? Really if I have problems with my pregnancy, I should call the OB? Okay, if you say so. Sheesh.

So anyways. I am going tomorrow and hopefully all will be well. I am GIGANTIC and having some trouble sleeping (as is Maria) so I am, as always, hoping that my doctor will just admit me and I can have the baby tomorrow. :)

2 comments:

Abby said...

I'm glad for the update- I haven't seen you in forever. I have all of those clothes to give back to you. I hope you aren't too nervous. I changed my mind before Leland but once he was born it was so much better than being pregnant- even on the worst day. Maria will love having a sibling so close in age and hopefully they will play and leave you to sip your wine ;)Can't wait to see that sweet chubby face.

Lippy said...

All the fetal monitoring is exhausting. The last 2 months I had 2 appointments a week. I was relieved to give birth just so I didn't have anymore appointments. Good luck! It is so exciting to see the little person who has been kicking the heck out of you.