Friday, May 15, 2009

Day Two



Mike took some pictures of Veronica (who has a name that everyone just loves, I'm very happy about it!) today. She is off her oxygen and they have dialed down her IV fluids from 12 ... some kind of units to 6 and then 4, and I am hopeful that she can spend the night in here with me. I love getting to hold her and nurse her but it's hard to do in the nursery - I am kind of sore, still, and it's hard to get her positioned well in the rocking chair, with my IV crashing into her IV, etc. SO. Hopefully tonight and if not, tomorrow. I am feeling good but not great - I may have overdone it this morning because I was eager to get off the IV so I could get to the nursery but I have been resting this afternoon and am about to go try to nurse V again. My mom and dad have been staying with Anthony and Maria and Anthony went to school today, so I'm sure he was glad to get back on schedule. I miss them but I think it's the right choice to not have them come to the hospital, especially because of the fact that Veronica is in the nursery - I wouldn't want them to come there anyway, some of those kids in there are teensy and I'd hate to get anyone sick. Anyways, here's some shots that Mike took this morning.

1 comment:

Lippy said...

She is so pretty. I hope she is able to be with you soon. I always manage to overdo things at first and pay for it later. Hope you heal up quickly! I love the name, very pretty.