Thursday, May 14, 2015

Happy Sixth Birthday!

I am taking a break (ha, ha) from my feeling sorry for myself and this stupid wrist to type about Veronica on her birthday.  She is upstairs sleeping right now, finally.  Felicity is such a pain! She takes forever to go to sleep and she bugs the heck out of Veronica.  Maria is safe(r) up in her top bunk and there's poor Veronica, on the bottom bunk, victim to Felicity's mean ways.  "Felicity hit me in the head with her water bottle!"  "Felicity took my pillow!".  Ugh, on and on and on! Tonight Marta gave her this sweet pillow for her birthday, and Felicity wasn't going to REST until she got it. Veronica sighed at one point and said, you can have it, and I said NO!  We have to draw the line somewhere.

But Veronica is so sweet, she is just the kind of person who would get a birthday gift at 5:45 and give it to her annoying sister at 7:30.  She is - I mean, I am not this nice but she is like me.  I would rather just give it away than have someone be so upset with me, and I think Veronica is like that too.  She just wants things to be happy and peaceful.  How can she be like that at just six years old?

She had her Cultural Arts Program tonight, the Kindergarten class sang a song with the Transitional Kindergarten and then they sang Yellow Submarine with the first grade.  It was super cute.

Someone commented today how fast six years has gone and um, I DISAGREE.  But I do find it hard to believe that she is going to be in first grade, that she is six.  She was such a grumpy baby and I swear I can remember the day that she stopped being grumpy and I just loved and liked her so much!  She used to kiss and kiss and kiss you, she was the best toddler baby.  And then I was so worried when she wasn't talking and look at her!  She is fine, just fine.  She is the best Veronica ever.


1 comment:

Leeann said...

Joanne, I just love your blogs so much. Love the way you write about your kids- it is honest, and funny, and loving-- just exactly the way my brain thinks about my kids! I relate to you in so many ways. Thanks for keeping up with your blogs, unlike me who just pretty much quit because my life is so boring! lol