Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Almost Five

Those aren't real glasses, they are from Maria's 100th day of school, when she acted like a 100 year old lady.  I took this of Veronica the other night before her bath, she is so cute, isn't she?  I hope that she does okay in Kindergarten this fall.  I only have Maria to go by and Maria has done so well, but Veronica is a different person, SO different, I just don't know. I feel like - what is the point of having all these kids if one never learns anything?

I have to think of it a different way, I guess.  They're not robots, they are people and people are complicated.  Just because you know one kid who went to kindergarten, I guess it means you know one kid who went to kindergarten.  I just - I wish I could get ahead.

Anyway, back to Veronica.  She is still going full days on Tuesday, Thursday and every other Friday to school.  She loves it but I think she'd still rather go a half day.  But, and I say this lovingly, she is a lazybones.  I bought a new double stroller because she just refuses to walk places and I like to take walks.  I mean, part of growing up is putting on the yoke, as Mike says, and just getting to it.  I'm sorry that she is starting Kindergarten and has to go all day but that's how it is.  I can't let her not do stuff she doesn't want to do because if I did, she would sleep with me every night, and we'd spend all day with her wrapped around my leg.  NO THANKS!

What else.  She is fine, she is kind of weird, she is adorably loving and sweet.  We are having a birthday party for her in two weeks, she's excited and so am I.  It's nice to have a May birthday, I bet, hopefully the weather will be good and we can party outside with all her little school chums.

2 comments:

Aly said...

Have a great birthday V :) She is so darn cute in this pic!! All your kids are gorgeous! getting big, fast. Love these blogs...love and miss you and your family. xoxoxoxo God Bless

Aly said...

Since i cant post on Felicity's...just want to say LUV LUV LUV her pic and her hair! I also remember the days of wet sloppy kisses...ewwww and awesome at the same time! haha :) So glad all the kids are loving their schools. xoxoxoxo to you all