Thursday, May 16, 2013

Four Years Old

It's kind of crazy that Veronica is four, right?  That in about four years we went from this:

to this:

Crazy, right?  She's come a long way, baby!  Here's something I wrote to Veronica, when I was pregnant with her and before I knew that she was a girl, let alone a Veronica:

Dear Baby,

Your father and I just found out about you yesterday! I immediately looked up on the Internet how big you were and it said you were as big as a sesame seed! A sesame seed! That's really small. We were so surprised that you were here already, since Maria, your older sister, is just 8 months old! But right away I loved you - I love you so much bigger than the size of you. We are already thinking of names, and worrying about you, and planning on where you'll sleep! So I just want to say right now, on September 22, 2008, that I love you already. I love you, whoever you are. And no matter what happens, if you are a boy or a girl, if you are colicky or not, sick or healthy, I love you and I promise I will take care of you.

With love from,
Your Mother

So.  I think we can safely say that I have kept my promise, ha!  Here she is, four years old, doing just fine, well taken care of.  She is a good and sweet four year old.  She is smart and she is going to do just great this year in preschool, all by her damn self.  I feel excited and happy for her future.  Happy birthday to Veronica!  

No comments: