Friday, April 5, 2013

Irony

Is it irony that we thought Veronica would never talk and now she never, ever shuts up?  She gets on a roll, it's crazy when she does, where she just talks and talks and talks.  It's different than Maria, when Veronica does it, she requires a lot from the other person. Maria will blather on and you don't really have to be 100% there, but Veronica is always all, right, Mama?  Do you think so, Mama?  DID YOU HEAR ME, MAMA?  I almost always call Mike on the way home from picking up Anthony, but yesterday I didn't.  He asked me why later and I said I couldn't stop talking to Veronica!  It's so weird!

She has had a rough week.  On Monday, she didn't want to go back to school.  She had a week off and last time she had a week off, well, three, she went back and there was a different teacher.  She likes the new teacher a lot but I think it's been hard for her.  But she went back and it was fine but then on Tuesday I got an incident report, someone had hit her in the face with a block!  It said that Veronica had refused an ice pack, ha!  Tough guy!  I asked her later who it was and she told me, it was a boy who has some - well, I don't want to say problems but he's just a rougher kid than Veronica.  Anyway, she was fine and it was unpleasant but I suppose it happens.  It's never, it should be noted, happened to Maria, but she is a little louder and scarier than Veronica, probably.

Otherwise, she's fine, dancing away in ballet, having friends at school, being too noisy in church.  I can't believe she'll be four next month.  Four!  Little Veronica.  I'd say Time Flies but I don't believe it.

No comments: