Thursday, July 12, 2012

Irony

Is it irony that I was so worried that Veronica would never talk and now she never, ever shuts up?  Today I went to get Anthony and Maria fell asleep right away, the baby was quiet and sleepy and Veronica yapped and yapped and yapped.  Here's some of what she said:

Hoe mah han, mama! (Hold my hand, Mama)

Doe!  DOE!  DOOOOOEEEEE!  (Go!  Go!  Goooo!)  (I tell her the light is red so I have to wait)

You late for the light to turn led mama? (You wait for the light to turn red, Mama?) (I tell her I am waiting for the light to turn green)

You laiting for the light to turn gleen mama? (You waiting for the light to turn green, Mama?) I say yes

Gleen means glo, led light means stop and lellow light mean slow (Green means go, red light means stop and yellow light means slow)

Sheesh!  I tell her 100 times a trip that I am trying to DRIVE, Veronica, I can't hold you hand because I have to keep my hands on the wheel!  She cares not, she has been all over me like a duck on a june bug here lately!  If I sit down with the baby, she is on my leg immediately.  Hold me!, she says thousands of times a day, she wants to be carried into the Y, carried to swimming, held while we are at the park, etc., etc., on and on.  She is a lover, and not a fighter, for sure.

She is getting much better at swimming.  I am hoping we'll go to the pool tomorrow for the first time.  I'm scared to take all three of them but there is a baby pool and a splash pad and I'm hoping they'll hang around the splash pad more.  We'll see.  You never know.

No comments: